Friday, August 13, 2010







Have you ever gone someplace and found that it just didn´t live up to all the pictures you had seen of it? Well, that wasn´t the case with Machu Pichu! It was absolutely fabulous even though it rained. When doesn´t it rain on me? Did I tell you that this part of the trip was a tour so all our arrangements have been made for us and we have had a guide to tell us what we are seeing? We left at 6 this morning and went by bus to the train station nd then rode the train for 3 and a half hours the Macu Pichu Town. Then we got on a bus and rode it for 30 minutes to the top which sounds like quite production but it went quite smoothly. There was breakfast on the train the scenery was unbelievable. It was agricultural land along the river the rain followed. The river runs into the Amazon eventually and we rode through the Andes seeing snow covered peaks far, far away. Machu Pichu is actually lower than Cusco City which was good because I suffered from altitude sickness last night...headache and upset stomach but took some medicine and felt better this morning. I won´t tell you too much about the site because you have to see pictures to appreciate it. I will tell you I am very tired and I can´t wait to be home to my husband´s loving arms and my own soft, quiet bed. Traffic noise and sleeping on hard beds with my socks on to keep warm have become the norm and I´m ready to give it up. I´ll be home on Monday. When I get back to Lima (we fly there on Sunday) I will try to make my last entry at the hotel there.

Blessings,

Debi