Saturday, July 31, 2010




Today we are off to Ica which is a 5 hour bus ride south along the coast of Peru along the coast. Usually I would say that it should be a beautiful drive but it is very foggy here and I guess that is not unusual for Lima. We had quite a day yesterday getting to know everyone on the team and doing some walking around Lima. It is a city of 9 million people with a wide diversity of architecture and many people on the streets and in the stores. I needed to buy a new camera because my borrowed camera wasn´t working so one of the ladies who speaks Spanish shopped with me and I finally asked the time honored question, "Which camera do I get the most for my money?" and that´s the one I bought and I don´t think I paid any more for it than I would have in the US, in fact, maybe less! They were all very nice and now I´m truly ready for a trip of a lifetime! We did a bus tour of the city last night sitting at the top in the open air and nearly froze to death. I was glad that I had brought my gloves and winter head band....many were jealous of my forethought....or accidental planning...whatever it was! We went to a park that had 13 water fountains and some were choreographed to music and even laser shows!!! Fabulous! Two fountains also had holographic images inside them so the Bellagio needs to come and check this out because it was outstanding. They are boarding the bus now so I need to run but I am missing home and love you all.....especially you, Wes!

Blessings,

Debi